Nursing is one of the most valued healthcare professions and one in which the individual can make a real difference to the lives of others. Our staff are experts at the forefront of developments in their field, and our programmes provide the academic and practical foundation to act as a springboard for the highest quality nursing practice.
Education is no longer endless nights, learning by rote meaningless paragraphs in an outdated syllabus. Education tomorrow will create an environment of academic freedom, where bright minds meet, discover and learn for themselves. And it’s all happening at SISN. Right now. Right here
- Candidates for admission to the first year Diploma GNM course should have passed the H.Sc (Academic) examination conducted by the Board of Higher Secondary Examination of Tamil Nadu or any other equivalent examination with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks. They will be required to appear for an entrance test in Physics, Chemistry, Biology of the Higher Secondary level, English, General Knowledge & values followed by a personal interview in the School of Nursing.
- Forty candidates will be selected annually.
- The candidates will present the intimation letter at the examination hall.
- The written test will be conducted at St. Isabel�s School of Nursing , Chennai. (Dates will be intimated ).
- The entrance exam and the interview will be conducted. The candidates are expected to make their own arrangement for accommodation.
- The candidates who are selected for interview should produce the following original certificates:
- Birth / Baptism certificate
- Mark list of S.S.L.C. & Higher Secondary Examinations
- Transfer Certificate from the Previous School.
- Conduct Certificate
- Community / Caste Certificate ( SC / ST / BC)
- Physical fitness certificate
- Extracurricular Activities, if any
- Migration Certificate (for candidates who have completed the qualifying exam under other Schools outside Tamil Nadu) Failing which the candidates will not be permitted to appear for the entrance exam. Selected candidates will join the School of Nursing on 1st July.
- The list of selected candidates will be announced within two days after the completion of the interview.
- The Selected candidates are required to sign a letter of acceptance and pay the fees for the first year on the same day of admission (i.e. 1st July)
- The fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- The candidates who do not receive the intimation regarding entrance test and interview should consider that they have not been selected. The admission granted by the Institution is provisional until the following certificate�s admission is approved by the Board of Examination , Government of Tamil Nadu , Chennai.
- X Certificate
- XII Certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Migration Certificate
Selected candidates will have a probationary period of three months. At the end of which those who have been successful in the Preliminary Examination will be admitted as regular students of Nursing.
- Students found unfit to continue the course due to any major illness will be asked to discontinue the studies at any period of time. Appropriate consultation and guidance may be obtained from the management so that the candidates could be redirected to select suitable course of study if needed.
- No donation is accepted by the institution.
- No original certificates will be issued for any purpose till the bond service is cleared.
The Admission would be granted on the following conditions
- That after the completion of the course, the candidate must do one year of Internship and one year of compulsory bond during which they are paid full salary.
- After the completion of the course of 3 � years the candidate must agree to render service at their sister Institution on full salary.
- That in case anyone wants to be exempted from the above conditions they have to pay the amount fixed as compensation by the Institution as agreed upon at the time of admission.